A great game for whole team interaction. Promotes teamwork, communication and lateral thinking to achieve the goal as fast as possible
This is one of a series of simple and fun team games to help team forming.
Aim: To transport as many balls from one bucket to another using gutters
Team: 4-6 people
- 2 buckets
- 5 x 1 - 1.5 meter lengths of PVC guttering. To make game harder, use down pipes
- 100 tennis balls (bucket of tennis balls)
- 3 minutes after the clock starts.
- 1 point per ball.
- 200 points if all 50 balls are transported successfully
Place the bucket of balls in a space. Place the empty bucket approx 5-20m away. (Further away, game more difficult). (10M)
- Allow one or more practice runs per team member.
- Start the clock.
- One person stands at the bucket of balls. They cannot leave the bucket and are the only one who can handle tennis balls.
- The remaining players take a gutter each and line up between the two empty buckets. They should stand so that end of each gutter touches in a line.
- Persons who hold a gutter can only move or walk when there is no ball(s) in their gutter.
- Person at the bucket, places one ball on the first gutter.
- The first person passes the ball, via tilting the gutter towards the next gutter.
- Once the ball is passed the first gutter, the first person runs to the end of the line.
- Once you reach the destination bucket, deposit the ball into the bucket using the gutter. All return to the start.
- Continue until time is up or all balls are transferred.
- Count the number of balls transferred.
Should the person with a ball(s) in their gutter walk or run, the ball is deducted from the total. If a ball falls, it is lost and cannot be picked up again.Hint:
You can try to transfer more than one ball at a time. You may have more than one line at a time. However let the teams figure this out themselves.
Updated 13/12/2018; spelling mistakes corrected